A leading design company based in London are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer, to join their team on a 6 month fixed-term contract, with potential to become permanent. We are also considering talented Junior and Lead Industrial Designers.
You will become involved in all stages of a project, including research, concept development and preparation of client presentations.
Main responsibilities will include supporting the business in all aspects of Industrial Design. Key tasks include but are not limited to:
– Taking a lead role in projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing creative and technical leadership and direction for the project team.
– Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
– Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible changes, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
– Develop modeling and visualising skills
When not engaged in project work, you will seek tasks that add value, including:
• Keep up to date on emerging technologies, designs and usability research
• Maintaining the company asset library
• Maintaining and improving the file structure and organisation on the server
• Researching new trends and developments relevant to other ongoing projects
• Develop and tutor junior colleagues to improve their CAD and rendering skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
• Always liaise with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and mature manner
• Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project
• Pro-actively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar
• Consider the bigger picture and understand the overall context and requirements of each individual project
• Ensure that you and your team’s work is always properly documented, stored and archived
• Ensure that team members working with you are utilised according to their skills and to their maximum potential
• Other tasks as assigned by the Executive or Management teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to create work that will change lives, that offers good career progression and a competitive package. Apply now with your CV and a copy of your portfolio!