Your future duties and responsibilities:
Our client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to work with one of their key Investment Bank clients on a strategic global middle office platform. The platform is based on cutting-edge ‘Axiom Platform’ framework and consumes the front office data for straight through trade processing. The team you will be working in also provide booking and allocation services for Equities and Fixed Income.
You will be working within an agile environment where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. You will work in a close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams located in different regions and responsible for various parts of Equities technology landscape (order management and execution systems, back office, reference data, etc).
The role covers all aspects of the development lifecycle from requirements analysis and solution design to successful implementation and SL3 support of the delivered product. It will involve the following major areas:
• Implementing new functionality in Trade Manager according to business requirements Implementing adapters to back office systems
• Working closely with the Axiom core team and occasionally contributing to the development of shared framework and other platform-level tools and re-usable components
Other responsibilities include:
• Participate in back-end components development/re-engineering/support
• Provide effective technical solutions
• Perform code reviews, ensure code/design quality
• Automated tests development
• Effective communication with stakeholders
• Accurate tasks progress and time reporting
• Release instruction and production rollout review and support
• Code/functionality documentation
Essential experience required:
Our client is looking for individuals who can confidently demonstrate proven experience of professional development on Java within Investment banks. You will have a thorough understanding of equities and fixed income. You must have excellent knowledge of core Java (collections, multithreading, memory consumption, GC) and experience in working with high frequency/low latency data processing systems. You must also have experience with high volume data processing systems. Other essential experience includes:
• Hands-on experience with messaging platforms (Ultramessaging (LBM), Solace, JMS)
• Hands-on experience with FIX protocol
• Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
• Understanding Equity trading workflows
• Agile/XP development experience including test driven development
• Understanding of disrupter programming pattern
Desirable experience but not essential includes:
• Hands-on experience with technologies such as Axiom, Bandwagon, VAS programming
The ideal person for this role will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, great communication skills and a good understanding of algorithm complexity.
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission-critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.
If you feel like an ideal candidate for this role, apply now with a copy of your latest CV!