As a pioneering design and innovation company embarks on the next wave of growth to deliver against their strategic business objectives, they are seeking to upgrade their talent pool with the appointment of several key roles that have been identified as critical for future growth.
The Business Director role is part of this next wave and will play a key role in acquiring new clients and help the company grow sustainably.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
As New Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the generation of qualified new business opportunities in line with the company’s skills and capabilities.
You will be involved in all aspects of the business development process from initiation to contract signature including defining and researching prospects, generating leads, creating and attending new business appointments and preparing and assisting in the development of presentations and new business proposals.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the company’s new business revenue target is met and exceeded
• Researching prospects across key company vertical practice areas (Health & Pharma, Consumer Electronics, Transportation, Telco, Media & Entertainment, Financial Services)
• Attending conferences, exhibitions and other suitable networking and industry events
• Responding to opportunities through referrals, recommendations and identified inbound opportunities
• Making and attending early stage new business appointments
• Preparing and delivering company credentials presentations
• Coordinating with company team members to develop customised new business proposals
• Working closely with the Directors and other company personnel as necessary to bring about the successful acquisition of new client engagements
• Pipeline management and reporting
• Ensuring that deadlines and deliverables for new business are achieved to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations and deadlines
• Liaising with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
• Qualifying and prioritising new business opportunities based on business value, creative potential and commercial viability
• Attending early stage new business meetings and calls as required
• Ensuring that all business development work is always properly documented, stored and archived on the company’s servers
• Managing consolidated new business report
• Experience within a similar role
• Demonstrable industry experience
• Proven track record at securing new business, from first contact to agency selection
• Evidence of presenting to a range of audiences
• Experience of writing well-structured and original proposals
Knowledge and Skills
• Proven networking skills
• Commercially focused coupled with keen interest in the company’s core competencies
• Ability to work under pressure to meet proposal and presentation deadlines
• Proactive and personable approach
• Strong communication skills are essential to the role. In particular candidates are expected to excel at presenting the company’s credentials and have a proven track record at writing proposals to the highest standards
If you feel you are an ideal candidate for this role, apply now with your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org